The Wastewater Treatment Plant located on Fowlers Lane receives wastewater from approximately 6,600 customers. The plant, originally constructed in 1959, was upgraded in 1963, 1972, 1996 and 2014. The plant is a secondary treatment plant and is designed to treat 1.8 million gallons of wastewater per day, with an instantaneous peak flow of 5.4 million gallons per day. Treated effluent is discharged to Greenwood Creek.
Five licensed operators are responsible for the treatment process as well as the wastewater collection system. Staff includes a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Assistant Chief Operator, Operations Mechanic and an Operator.